Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One Week Down

Well So far we are one week into this deployment. i wish I could say we were further because well it feels like it has been forever. But at least I can say I have made it so far. The past couple days have sucked. I wont lie, people are driving me crazy. I am a big girl I can do things on my own and when I tell you NO I DON'T NEED HELP get the clue. But then there are some people who have been such a blessing to me and my family!! We are trying to go about our lives like we do when Jake is just away for a few days training. There is not much more than we can do. It still doesn't seem real, ask me again next month or when the holidays get here. This is the first time in 8 years that I will not have Jake here. I am nervous to see how it goes, but I know deep down that I can do this. We have done it so far.. right?? I have been working really hard on school. Plus making bows. Oh yeah and putting up a tile back splash in the kitchen!!! Thanks a lot to the Hiatt family for helping with that!!! You guys are amazing. Next I will be painting the kitchen red!! woohoo can't wait. I wish Jake were home to "enjoy" this with me.. He hates redecorating.. So I bet he is glad that he is missing out on this. But I must say the kitchen is already looking a lot better than it did. The girls are really loving school.. Even Gracie who really hated it at first in enjoying it!! Finally. I had to be mean and put my foot down and make her go. And I must say I am happy I did. She really needs the out. She is making lots of new friends. And so is Kaytlin, she is already learning so much new stuff. I am so proud of both of them!! They are two very smart little girls!!! We love and miss you so very much Jacob!!
(Thanks Danielle Hall for finding with awesome pics.. Hope you dont mind me stealing them!!)  

1 comment:

  1. Korrie you are the blessing in our lives. I for one have learned alot this past week. I know that you are a big girl and you can handle this. I will ask you all the time if there is something I can do for you but if you tell me no I will accept that. Thank You for letting us in yours and Jakes lives. You guys mean the world to our family. "and that is not just lip service"

    ReplyDelete