Friday, September 24, 2010

A new day

Yesterday was a little better.. I only lost it a few times. I keep telling myself that I can do this. Because I know I can. We sent Jake off a box full of homemade cookies yesterday. If felt strange sending it. But I must say it kept me busy for the better half of the morning which was nice.
The girls are getting along a little better. Gracie still seems to have a hard time, when we were making cookies for daddy she looks up at me and says "Does Daddy still love me?" It totally broke my heart. I wont lie I started to cry and explained to her that her Daddy loves her and her sister more than anything. And that if he could be home he would. But he is out fighting for our freedoms. Doing something he loves and believes in. I told her that her Daddy will be home again in a few months, and that if we keep busy the time will go by faster. I wish they could understand it a little more. I have a hard time trying to explain it all. When Jake down the hall yelling "Gracie Daddy in on the phone" next thing I head is a thud and instant crying. She feel running to the phone. But I must say as soon as she heard her Daddy's voice the crying and tears were gone. Its amazing how just the sound of his voice can be so soothing!!
Last night was a little better. the awesome Hiatt family and my amazing sister in law came over for the season premier of Grey's Anatomy. Which was amazing. Then Jenny and I had a little talk. It was nice to spend time with her. After she left I went to bed and tonight I cried myself to sleep.. BUT I WAS ABLE TO SLEEP. Which I have not done in way to long. I cant wait for the day when I can crawl in the bed and not be alone. Soon that is what I keep telling myself!! Well here is to another day down and another day closer to seeing my amazing husband. I love you Jake!! Miss you lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment